MENU

February 10, 2019

Sunday Steal

1. Which Book Do You Irrationally Cringe Away From Reading, Despite Seeing Only Positive Reviews?  
I refuse to read anything by E.L. James or Stephenie Meyer, not that they necessarily get only positive reviews.

2. If You Could Bring Three Characters To Life For A Social Event (Afternoon Tea, A Night Of Clubbing, Perhaps A World Cruise), Who Would They Be And What Would The Event Be?  
• Party with Jay Gatsby from "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
• Dinner with Don Corleone from "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo
• High tea with Eloise from "Eloise" by Kay Thompson

3. You Are Told You Can't Die Until You Read The Most Boring Novel On The Planet. While This Immortality Is Great For Awhile, Eventually You Realize It's Past Time To Die. Which Book Would You Expect To Get You A Nice Grave?  
"War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy

4. Which Book Have You Pretended, Or At Least Hinted, That You've Read, When In Fact You've Been Nowhere Near It?  
I'm a librarian. I don't lie about books I've read.  I tell people that I've heard good things about books I haven't read.

5. As An Addition To The Last Question, Has There Been A Book That You Really Thought You Had Read, Only To Realize When You Read A Review About It/Go To 'Reread' It That You Haven't? Which Book?  
No because I keep a list of the books I read.

6. You've Been Appointed Book Advisor To A VIP (Who's Not A Big Reader). What's The First Book You'd Recommend And Why?
As a librarian I find this to be a terrible question because I know nothing about this VIP. Is the VIP a male or female? What subjects interest them? Would they prefer fiction or nonfiction? Etc...

A proper reference interview needs to be done to determine what recommendation I'd make.

7. A Good Fairy Comes And Grants You One Wish: You Will Have Perfect Reading Comprehension In The Foreign Language Of Your Choice. Which Language Do You Go With?  
I'd probably be lame and choose Spanish because I'd be able to help the most people with it.

8. A Mischievous Fairy Comes And Says That You Must Choose One Book That You Will Reread Once A Year For The Rest Of Your Life (You Can Read Other Books As Well). Which Book Would You Pick?  
"The Godfather" by Mario Puzo

9. What's One Bookish Thing You 'Discovered' From Book Blogging (Maybe A New Genre, Or Author, Or New Appreciation For Cover Art-Anything)?  
Nothing. 

10. That Good Fairy Is Back For One Final Visit. Now, She's Granting You Your Dream Library! Describe It. Is Everything Leather Bound? Is It Full Of First Edition Hardcovers? Pristine Trade Paperbacks? Perhaps A Few Favorite Authors Have Inscribed Their Works? Go Ahead-Let Your Imagination Run Free.
See I don't need any fancy books or first editions. I just want all the books that I want to read to always magically be around.

2 comments :

  1. Perfect answer to #10...and in your position that's probably the case anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You'd think it would be but my library for some reason doesn't buy the books I want to read. So I'm always inter-loaning them from other libraries.

      Delete