MENU

June 5, 2019

Cookin' Librarian | Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Earlier in the week I posted a picture on Instagram of the dinner I had made for myself and Justin, as a result a handful of people asked me for the recipe. So I thought that I'd type it up and post it even though the majority of my cooking I do to taste, which is why there are no amounts on certain ingredients.

• Quinoa • Chicken or Vegetable Stock • Chick Peas • Red Onion • 
• Cherry Tomatoes • Arugula • Dill • Garlic • Chives • Scallions • 
• Plain Greek Yogurt • Olive Oil • Feta Cheese • Black Pepper • Salt •

Dressing Instructions
• In a blender add 6 oz of plain Greek yogurt, garlic cloves, dill, scallions, chives, salt and olive oil
• Blend until smooth
• Set aside

Quinoa Instructions
• Pour desired amount of quinoa into a sauce pan and add double the amount of stock
• Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil
• Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed
• Pour quinoa into a serving bowl and let cool
• Rinse and drain a 15.5 oz can of chick peas
• Finely chop the red onion, dill and chives
• Quarter the cherry tomatoes
• Rinse and dry the arugula
• Add all of the ingredients, including the desired amount of dressing, to the bowl with the cooled quinoa and stir until combined

This salad can be eaten at room temperature or cold.

No comments :

Post a Comment