MENU

June 10, 2010

Libraries Got Game...

Instead of being trapped in the library today I got to go to a YASD (Young Adult Services Division) luncheon where one of the authors (Brian Mayer) of "Libraries Got Game" was speaking about how libraries could implement the usage of modern board games.

Brian actually was sitting at my table throughout the course of the lunch portion and he was super nice. Our table had wonderful conversations on various subjects and Brian let us try his iPad -- I totally want one now!

I won a Scrabble game during the portion of time between lunch and Brian's presentation. I donated it to my job seeing as I have a pimpin' $100.00 wooden Scrabble board that Justin bought me two Christmases ago -- I f'ing love Scrabble!

His presentation was very informative and really very interesting -- I have a nice set of notes on my iTouch, with a list of new games Justin & I need to buy.

After the luncheon I actually had to go the library because tonight was my night to work. We had a pretty lazy night. We ordered pizza, I made and colored twelve Flat Stanley's for my trip to Europe and did some stuff for the summer reading club.

Uncolored Flat Stanley army on my desk waiting for war paint!
Twelve colored in Flat Stanleys ready to be left around Europe!

No comments :

Post a Comment