MENU

January 5, 2011

Car Accident...

Today was horrible at work. My Department Head and I were away from the building at a meeting when we got a phone call from one of the woman from our library saying that one of our coworkers ("Mama Page") had been hit by a car and had to be taken by helicopter to the hospital. Apparently she was crossing the street to go to her morning job when a woman blew the red light, hitting her and dragging her under the car. I was told that her face is disfigured, she lost her teeth and she is currently in ICU.

I felt extra terrible because I was the one to break the news to at least five of our coworkers, which included "Favorite Page #1" and "Favorite Page #2" -- It sucked so much having to tell them, especially "Favorite Page #1" who had just seen "Mama Page" for the first time yesterday since she returned from college for winter break. I learned today that there is no easy way to tell someone that a person that you work with and love was hurt by an act of stupidity. It was one of the worst things I've had to do.

So right now all we can do it hope for the best and that she'll be okay. I'll keep you updated.

No comments :

Post a Comment