MENU

June 19, 2010

New York Brewfest 2010 Revisited...

So, I spent my day at New York Brewfest and I was underwhelmed. It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect which is why the event sold out -- We had a friend who couldn't get tickets. Governors Island itself was beautiful, I would totally go back to have picnic and go for a bike ride, but I would not go back for another Brewfest. I feel like the organizers sold too many tickets (I believe I heard someone say that they sold 10,000 tickets) and didn't know what they were doing, this was extremely evident when it came to exiting the island and organizing ferries back to Manhattan.

Justin and I thought that because of the length of the event and the number of breweries participating that it was worth the sixty-something dollars we each paid, but it wasn't -- We've gone to other BeerExpos that were smaller and shorter in length that we've thoroughly enjoyed. The lines to get beer and food were ridiculous -- We waited on lines for twenty minutes plus minutes, which was crazy. Tons of people were cutting the lines. It just wasn't as much fun as the other events we've attended together.
We got tired of it all very early and decided to leave. Apparently so did everyone else and their mothers. The lines to get on the ferries were stupid ridiculous. Because of this we decided it would be easier to take the ferry to Brooklyn instead of the one to Manhattan. So we waited on the Brooklyn line forever with people cutting and pushing. Eventually we got to the dock and luckily they didn't close the gates on the Manhattan ferry, so we snuck onto that one and hitched a ride back into the City.
We are never going to Brewfest again.

No comments :

Post a Comment