MENU

June 30, 2010

Overdue Archives: I Love You...

I'm a really big fan of non-fiction books that involve randomness that people find, mail in, etc. Like "Other People's Love Letters" by Bill Shapiro (2007) or "Milk, Eggs, Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found" by Bill Keaggy (2007). So I was looking online to see if there were any books along that line that I haven't read already and while I was doing so it made me think of this one day when I was a Page.

Summer of 2005: I was paging in adult fiction (yeah, I know it sounds dirty) and I found this little piece of paper that said "I Love You!" on it -- Obviously I thought it was amusing. As I continued putting books away I kept finding more scattered throughout the stacks. I probably found twenty of them hidden on random shelves in the stacks and on the floor. It was just so odd to me that someone would take the time to randomly do that.

I know it wasn't the most interesting thing that I've ever dealt with throughout my duration at the library but this is what I thought of today.

1 comment :

  1. When I was shelving YA Fiction I left the cart to shelve a book and when I came back there was a not on it that said "You're beautiful..." Made my DAY!

    ReplyDelete