MENU

June 18, 2010

Pet Peeves...

Only a handful of people actually came into the department today but the majority of them were being extremely stupid and/or disrespectful.

I had one person who was guilty of my biggest work pet peeve: People who go to the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) computer, search for what they want and then come up to the desk because they don’t know how to find the call number -- You have to click on the link!!!!!!


Another big work pet peeve is one that has to do with the OPAC is when they search the catalog to find what they want and they don’t change the location to our library, so they go off looking for the item and then they come over to the desk bitching because we don’t have the item on the shelves. Then I take the call number from them, I go look, get frustrated looking for the item (I get really annoyed when I can’t find things), then I got check the OPAC for myself and find out that we never had it to begin with.


In addition to people ticking me off our normal problem children where in and they decided they didn’t wanna listen to anyone today. So after my Department Head got fed up of asking them to do various things, the security guard got involved and he told them they had to leave, because of this lots of profanity was used on their end and the director had to be called down and their parents were called.


After work another pet peeve occurred, I went to Chipotle and the people in front of me had obviously never been to a Chipotle before and didn’t know how to order. I hate when people who have never been to a Chipotle are in line before me and they don’t know how to order and they screw up the flow of the assembly line. If you don’t know what you want when you get to the counter let the person behind you go, they probably know what they want -- Vegetarian Burrito Bol: extra rice, extra black beans, two scoops of green salsa, sour cream, cheese and guacamole.

No comments :

Post a Comment