MENU

July 14, 2010

Overdue Archives: Squirrel In The Stacks...

The article I posted below about the raccoon in the library reminded me of the time a squirrel somehow got into the stacks when I was a page.

Summer 2005: I was paging in adult fiction when out of nowhere a squirrel appears in the stacks -- It was just chilling in the stacks wandering around. We were told by the librarians to keep shelving and to stay away from the squirrel. Apparently our security guard at the time did not get the memo (because he was obviously stoned) and he decided to chase the squirrel around the stacks, thus causing us to lose track of where it really was. We never did find out what happened to it...
"Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop & go, oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!" And occasionally they go, "Fucking nuts! Fed up with them always... I long for a grapefruit." Yeah. So, that's very much like the army." - Eddie Izzard

No comments :

Post a Comment