MENU

September 13, 2010

I Love My Librarian...

Every year the American Library Association (ALA) with support from Carnegie Corporation of New York and The New York Times sponsors the "I Love My Librarian Award" -- Which I cannot be nominated for but I thought I'd mentioned it in case there is another librarian out there that you would like to nominate.

Here is some of the information from ILoveLibraries.Org on the award:

There are nearly 123,000 libraries nationwide, and librarians touch the lives of the people they serve every day. The award encourages library users like you to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians. We want to hear how you think your librarian is improving the lives of the people in your school, campus or community.

Up to ten winners will be selected this year and receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque and $500 travel stipend to attend an awards reception in New York hosted by The New York Times. In addition, a plaque will be given to each award winner’s library.

Nomination Links

No comments :

Post a Comment