MENU

October 20, 2010

The Days of My Life...

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I was busy doing things with my family and friends all weekend. Here is a recap of the days I haven't blogged:

October 15th 2010:
I worked from 10:00am until 6:00pm with only "Amy" around because everyone else in my department seemed to have off for one reason or another. It was a boring day, but that is what you want when there are only two people working.

After work I went over to Justin's to have dinner with him and hang out, even though I had to leave early in the morning to drive to this haunted attraction with my family.

October 16th 2010: I went to Ulster Park, NY with my family and one of my sister's friends to go to the Headless Horseman Hayride -- Which according to the Travel Channel's show The Most Terrifying is the scariest hayride in the whole United States.

It was a lot of fun, I mean I wasn't scared because I am very aware of things around me but I had a good time. I loved watching my sister and her friend screaming in the haunted houses, it was like the best part of the whole thing.

October 17th 2010: I drove back home with my family from Ulster and then I headed over to Justin's apartment to hangout. We hung out, did random errands, had dinner and then I went to go watch Boardwalk Empire (2010) with my friends. Pretty tame day.

October 18th 2010: I didn't have to go into work until 4:30pm, so I slept in and had lunch with a few of my friends, then we went thrift store shopping. While we were out shopping we found an awesomely bad sweater that reminded us of the sweaters Bill Cosby wore in The Cosby Show (1984-1992) so we spent $2.00 and bought it. Now we have this Sisterhood of the Cosby Sweater* thing going on -- We even bought some pudding and the show's theme song to get us into the Cosby groove.

After shopping I went to one of the branches to do storytime and surprise surprise... No one showed up. While I was hanging around the branch for 30 minutes I had a patron ask me grammar questions and if I could type up a letter for her -- I hate people who do crap like this. I denied her on all fronts and hung out with the branch Page. Once it hit 5:00pm I picked up my friend from Cali and we headed over to the main branch so I could set up for video game night. I had a handful of kids come in to play video games, but it wasn't as packed as it has been in the past.

When I was done working my friend and I went out for dinner, then I had to go dye my sister's hair before heading over to Erin's apartment. We hung out for a couple of hours, did randomness and then I went home.

October 19th 2010: I woke up early so that my friend from Cali and I could go into Manhattan to go vintage shopping. We wandered around Soho and Chinatown for hours shopping and looking for epic accessories and clothing. We hit up What Goes Around Comes Around, Screaming Mimi's, Eye Candy and a few other stores. We had the best luck in Screaming Mimi's were I bought some jewelry and my friend bought an old cheerleaders outfit.

After vintage shopping we went on the hunt for a Ricky's (which is a big chain of beauty supply shops in NYC) so that I could buy myself two 88 eyeshadow palette, as well as one of each for my sister. On the way to Ricky's we saw Gary Busey filming at Famiglia Pizza for Celebrity Apprentice** (?-Present). When we were done at Ricky's we went to Pomme Frites for lunch -- FYI: The rosemary and garlic mayo is my personal favorite sauce.

When we were done eating we walked to Chinatown. We bought some randomness before heading back home. On the way home we decided we wanted Portuguese food for dinner, so we asked my sister if she wanted to join us and we were on our way. We all shared a starter and then we ate the same wonderful dish for dinner, lobster in champagne sauce. Once we devoured our food we went back to my house hung out and made crêpes for dessert. It was a glorious ending to my friend's trip and I will very much so miss her -- Especially since we spent the whole time she was here together, we spent so much time together she was telling everyone we were dating these past two weeks.

So, that was my past few days...

* Like the pants from Ann Brashares' young adult novel "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"
** Apparently if we would have stuck around longer we would have seen other celebrities because according to this article Lil Jon, Meat Loaf and others were there.

No comments :

Post a Comment