MENU

November 1, 2010

Halloween...

This year I spent my Halloween at New York's Village Halloween Parade with my sister and Erin. I had never been before, so it was something new and fun to do seeing as Halloween fell on a Sunday.

We got into the City in our costumes around 5:30pm and went straight to Spring Street (well after a stop at Starbucks® for hot chocolate which we spiked in the bathroom at Penn Station with cherry brandy) to find a nice spot to watch the parade from. We found one right away and we made friends with the people that were already there. We all hung out and talked until the parade began at 7:00pm.



It was pretty cold out but the parade was really fun. There were some awesome and not-so-awesome costumes. The best costume was a Zombie Librarian (of course I would think that was the best costume). She was holding up a sign that said "Quite! Zombie Librarian." I have a picture but it didn't come out so well seeing as a parade moves and it came out blurry.

Over Done Costumes At The Parade:
  • Chilean Miners
  • Bed Bugs
Overall I'd do it again, I would just wear a warmer costume next year -- I went as a beer wench this year.

No comments :

Post a Comment