MENU

February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day, House Parties, Etc...

Monday: As everyone knows was Valentine's Day. I spent my Valentine's Day working from 9:00am to 5:00pm -- Within those hours my passive aggressive side came out, I bought chocolate covered strawberries and gave one to everyone but "Sarah" because I really hate her.

After work I had dinner with my sister and her boyfriend, then the three of us went food shopping -- I was not a third wheel or anything, they had plans for Saturday instead of Valentine's Day. I know you're probably thinking why didnt' I hang out with my boyfriend, well I didn't hang out with Justin because it would have taken me an hour to get to his apartment, I would have had to go food shopping and then I would have had to cook dinner, I didn't wanna do all of this because I had to work a split shift the next day.

Tuesday: As I stated above, I worked a split shift. I went to a meeting in the morning with Lenni on Mobile Literacy and I worked with "Emily" in the evening. Nothing particularly interesting happened.

Wednesday: Was an annoying day at work. Within ten minutes of being in the library I wanted to tell several people to go to hell and leave for the day. Obviously I didn't, but I really wanted to. Instead I spent the first five hours of my day were spent running around in children's programs; setting up, taking photos of the children, doing circle times, cleaning up, etc. After the programs ended my day got better and work went quickly.

When I left work I went to dinner with Erin, then we met up with the boys to hang out. We went shopping and then we came back to my house to play video games. It was super amusing to watch my two best guy friends and my sister play Just Dance 2.

Thursday: Was another annoying work day. My Department Head was being nasty because she was figuring out statistics for the state report and there was just bad energy in the air.

One of the Processing Clerks sent down fifty books claiming that there were no record numbers for them and that they weren't in the OPAC. This was untrue, if the lazy Clerk in question would have searched the series title she would have found that there are indeed records for each of the books. I was going to send them back up to the clerical office but my Department Head made me find the records, print them out and then send the books back upstairs. I wanted to scream at her.

At one point my Department Head left for a while and in that time period one of the nasty Clerks called up and asked "Sarah" if we had a Page because the bookcart was full and they needed someone to bring it up and bring down an empty cart. She told them we didn't have a Page and the Clerk demanded someone come down for the cart, I refused to do it because I had just done a Clerk's job looking up the records so "Julia" went down to get it. After "Julia" brought the cart up we get another nasty call from the Clerk and she demanded an empty cart. I wanted to curse her out and yell at "Sarah" for thinking that "Julia" or I should have gotten the cart and not her -- I wanted to say "Bitch, I get paid too much money to be pushing carts around. Take your ass downstairs and get it."

In addition to those things I had the worst storytime in forever. I had twelve children and not enough crafts because the person who did the storytime failed to inform me that more pieces needed to be cut out. Aside from those things I had a child in the class that I took in to be nice because she had missed her class the day before for the older kids and she keep being annoying. Also, everyone had to use the bathroom, I stopped class at least five times to call children's parents in to take them out of the room.

Life after work was much better. Justin, Phil and a few other people came over to my house to hangout with my sister and I. We played video games, had dinner and drank a bit. It was an excellent ending to a blah day.

Friday: Work was peaceful -- My Department Head and "Sarah" were both off. "Julia" and "Amy" almost acted like normal humans, with the exception of "Julia" farting in the middle of the Youth Services Department and then saying "Pretend like you didn't hear that... Did you hear that?" -- I just rolled my eyes and walked away from her. Aside from that the day was wonderful.

After work my sister and I scrambled to clean up our house before people came over for our party -- Seeing as our parents went to Miami right after we got back from Aruba we thought it would be a great idea to have a house party. About ten people came over and we had a great time. We drank, ate and played the game from Inglorious Bastards (2009) -- For those of you that haven't seen the movie they play a game at a bar where they have the names of famous people/characters on their foreheads and they have to guess who they are by asking yes or no questions, it was a great party game. I actually figured out who I was after two questions -- I was Hitler thanks to Phil.

Some Of The Names Used
  • OJ Simpson
  • Sally Struthers
  • Miss Piggy
  • Charlie Sheen
  • Scary Spice
  • Michael J. Fox
  • Tiger Woods
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Zac Efron
  • Liza Minnelli
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Hitler
  • Sailor Moon
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Godzilla
Saturday: I spent the day in New York City with Justin. We started off the day by going to the Coffee and Tea Festival NYC at 7 West. We have actually never attended the festival before, so we didn't know what to expect. It was an event that was open to the public but it was definitely geared more towards people within the coffee and tea businesses. We really didn't mind, we walked around, tried various coffees, teas and desserts, got some swag, etc. It was a nice random thing to do for the day.

The festival ran from 11:00am to 5:00pm. We basically did everything that we could in about two hours, so we decided to hang out in the city for the rest of the day. We went to Bryant Park, had lunch at Connolly's Pub & Restaurant, walked through Times Square and picked up French macarons at the Macaron Café.

No comments :

Post a Comment