MENU

March 25, 2011

Pasta...

I had the pleasure of spending this fine Friday dying various shapes of pasta with vinegar and food coloring. This is literately what I did all day until it was time for me to set up for Drawing Club and do the program with the kids.

As you can probably guess, I was in my glory -- I got to play with food coloring and make the office reek of vinegar, which kept that bitch "Sarah" out of the office.

So you're probably asking yourselves why I actually did all of this... Well I decided the other day that I wanted to do a pasta themed storytime with the kids and dying the pasta, then creating pasta necklaces was the craft that "Favorite Volunteer #2" found for me. When I string it up and make the craft demo I'll post a picture.

Pasta Storytime Books
  • "Noodles" by Sarah Weeks & David A. Carter
  • "On Top of Spaghetti" by Paul Brett Johnson
  • "Everybody Brings Noodles" by Norah Dooley
  • "The Spaghetti Party" by Doris Orgel
  • "Noodle Man" by April Pulley Sayre
  • "More Spaghetti, I Say!" by Rita Golden Gelman
  • "Pino and the Signora's Pasta" by Janet Pedersen
  • "Spaghetti and Meatballs for All!" by Marilyn Burns

No comments :

Post a Comment