MENU

April 7, 2011

Caution Wet Floor...

Today while I was doing my regular Thursday afternoon storytime I had one of the little boys that I've known forever tell me he had to go to the bathroom. I told him to wait one second and I went to the phone to call his babysitter, I went back to him to tell him I had called and he peed himself -- There was like a puddle of urine on the floor. I have never had this happen before, so I had a mini internal freak out because it just so happen to occur in the hour when we don't have a custodian in the building (The day custodian leaves at 4:00pm and the night custodian comes in at 5:00pm). I had no idea what to do, so I called the Director. He ran down to the room I was in with a mop and cleaned up the floor while I rounded the other storytime kids up and brought them back to their parents.

Once everything was cleaned up I went back into the office, told the woman and asked each of them if they have ever had that happen before. "Amy" said she has a kid do it once last year, "Julia" said once also and my Department Head said in her twenty years as a Childrens Librarian that she has never had it happen before. I really hope that this was my first and last with this at work.

No comments :

Post a Comment