MENU

April 3, 2011

First Sunday...

Today was the first Sunday that I've worked in over a month and it was so boring. I was working with my Department Head (whom I love) but she is such a pain in the ass on Sundays. She always finds the most random and/or tedious tasks to do. Today she had me call forty people that signed up for this program we're having on Wednesday to tell them to bring cereal and/or brightly colored boxes with them because that is what the program provider asked us to do Friday -- People signed up for this program over a month ago, you think the guy would have warned us about this when we first booked him.

After that I created certificates for various people, withdrew a bunch of Magic School Bus VHS tapes (which I brought home for my sister because she loved the Magic School Bus as a kid), yelled at children for various reasons, etc.

On top off all of this we had elementary aged kids in today talking to each other about Jersey Shore -- Which we just found disturbing, children screaming at their grandparents for various reasons, children hiding and freaking their grandparents out, teenage girls doing exercises on the floor in our Young Adult Fiction room, stupid question, etc. Thankfully I get paid double time on Sundays to deal with all of this crap.

2 comments :

  1. "elementary aged kids in today talking to each other about Jersey Shore"

    When I was that age, I was talking to other kids about pogs, Magic the Gathering cards, and shows on Nickelodeon. No wonder middle schools are now handing out free birth control pills and condoms to their students.

    "Thankfully I get paid double time on Sundays to deal with all of this crap."

    Ah yes, that's why I'm an academic librarian in technical services. If you ever reach a breaking point, come join us. MARC records don't scream and you'll never see those wretched so-called "users."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I couldn't believe they were sitting around talking about it. Parents should really pay attention to what the hell their children are watching.

    LOL. If I get tired of public library drama I will definitely consider academic libraries.

    ReplyDelete