April 10, 2011

Saturday & Sunday...

I was lucky enough to have a three day weekend this fine Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I told you how I spent my Friday, so here is how I spent the rest of my weekend.

I spent the first half of Saturday with my sister at IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show). We wandered around and bought tons of makeup, false lashes, etc. It was a lot of fun if you like makeup, as my sister and I do. After IMATS my sister demanded that I take her to Artichoke, so we walked down to MacDougal and guess what, it was closed even though it says it was supposed to be open at 11:00am. Since it was closed I suggested we go to Cones and get ice cream then head back to Artichoke for lunch. We walk over and Cones was closed also -- Apparently it opens at 1:00pm. We started walking around Bleeker and we found Pizza Roma, so we walked in and had lunch. It was delicious. Once we were done with our pizza we ran across the street and each got almond cream ice cream from Cones -- Which is my favorite ice cream ever.

After being gluttonous I dropped my sister off at Penn Station and met up with a bunch of my college friends. A few of them were gonna go back to their apartments to take naps and showers (They spent Friday night on Long Island at another one of our friend's apartments), so myself and two of the guys wandered around NYC for hours. We went to Max Brenner for hot chocolate and sweets, we smoked hookah for hours at Horus Cafe and Kebab House (This is where Justin and a bunch of other people showed up at), we went to Verlaine for drinks and snacks, then we ended up at Continental for more drinks. I was super tired from waking up at 6:45am to get ready for IMATS, so this was the last place I went with them before I decided to go home.

Sunday I woke up early and drove to Justin's apartment so we could go to the Mets game together. Like Friday we sat through the entire game just to see them lose again -- Well, I slept for a good portion of the game because I took medication for my poor sore legs. After the game we had dinner and then I headed home because I was still tired.

That is how I spent two out of the three days of my extra long weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment