MENU

May 6, 2011

Pomp & Circumstance...

After spending two and a half years working on my Masters of Library & Information Science I finally got to walk in graduation -- Yeah, I know it's weird that my university decided to hold commencement on a Friday.

Graduation started at 11:30am this morning and ended around 3:00pm -- This was the academic procession, conferring of degrees, recessional and the recognition reception, plus a random break between the recessional and recognition reception where the MLIS graduates were wandering around because we were told to do a million different things and everyone was confused.

To be honest with everyone, this was the least organized event of it's kinda that I've ever been to. In addition to being unorganized, it was just odd -- We had no speaker, everything seemed to take forever and once the recognition reception rolled around everything became really informal. The highlight of the whole ceremony was the fact that Idina Menzal sang -- I love her, so I got a kick out of this.

Honorary Degree Recipients
  • David Sean Ferriero
  • Michael John Sandel
  • Idina Menzel
After all of the pomp and circumstance we took a bunch of pictures and my parents took everyone out to dinner -- Aside from my family, Justin, Erin, Phil and one of my college friends attend. We all ate lots of seafood and had a wonderful dinner.

All in all, it was a really good day.

No comments :

Post a Comment