MENU

June 20, 2011

Librarian In The City...

I was lucky enough to have this fine day off and I spent it in New York City with "Favorite Page #1" doing various things. We left Long Island early and headed into NYC to have scones and tea at Alice's Tea Cup (Chapter 2) for breakfast -- My personal recommendation is the buttermilk scone and almond tea, those are my favorite. After taking our sweet time in Alice's we walked up to 74th Street and into Central Park to go take pictures at the Alice in Wonderland statue. We were at the statue forever because there were mommies and nannies all over the place letting the kids play on the statue, not giving anyone a chance to take pictures near it.

Once we got a couple of pictures we walked through the park, looked at various things and continued to walk down 5th Avenue looking into the stores, shopping and just hanging out. By the time we hit Times Square we were both hungry again and headed over to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for some good ol' fashioned theme restaurant food.

When we were done eating we continued walking around. We headed to the Macaron Café so I could buy a ton of French macarons (because I love them so) and then we decided that it was time to head back to Long Island because it was already after 5:00pm, so we hopped on the LIRR and went home.

It was a great day and I had so much fun hanging out with "Favorite Page #1" in the City. I look forward to our next adventure.

No comments :

Post a Comment