As soon as we got in we had to rush to get to our Segway tour appointment -- We booked a guided tour of the West Battlefield through SegTours.com. When we got to the place we had to be trained on how to use the Segways before we could go on our tour. After about thirty minutes of practice we set out. We spent two and a half hours riding around to various spots in Gettysburg and learning about what happened during those three days in July.
Once the tour was over we headed over to our hotel to bring our stuff up to our room and then we had a quick dinner before heading into town. We wandered around East Cemetery Hill for awhile and other various places before heading over to the Jennie Wade House for a haunted tour.
While on the tour my mother and I did not experience anything paranormal, but my sister claims to have. She said that from the minute she walked into the house she had a headache, which she said didn't go away until we left the grounds -- Apparently the house is haunted by several children that once lived in the orphanage across the street and one of them is fond of women with long curly hair (which my sister has plenty of) and they sometimes fuss around with the women's hair. I may not have had any experiences, but hopefully the legend that if you stick your ring finger through the bullet hole in the door that killed Jennie Wade you'll be married and/or engaged within a year is true because I molested the hell out of that hole with my finger. If it isn't I still have some neat pictures to show from it. After the tour was done it was after midnight so we went back to the hotel to go to bed.
The next morning we woke up early to go to the Soldiers National Museum, Evergreen Cemetery and the Gettysburg National Cemetery -- They were all really interesting places to visit. Once we were done with all of that we decided to drive to Hershey, PA to stop at Hershey's Chocolate World before going back home. While there we made our own candy bars, took the free tour, got free samples and bought lots of candy from the store.
Overall I had a great weekend with my mother and my sister, plus I got to check one of the items from my "No Regrets List" off.
Twenty-Six Things To Do By March 3rd 2012:
- Have A Scavenger Hunt In NYC
- Get Thrown Out of a Nightclub (#6) *
- Learn How To Properly Make French Macarons
- Drink Only Water for a Month *
- Do Something that Scares You (#69) *
Go Ghost Hunting in Gettysburg, PA
- Buy a Princess Dress (#35) *
- Love Your Body (#25) *
- Become Certified To Scuba Dive
- Learn a Foreign Language (#80) *
- Go to a Shooting Range *
- Visit The Library Of Congress
- Finish Unfinished Business (#14) *
- Take & Post A Picture Everday For The Year
- Go Inside the Statue of Liberty *
- Learn to Walk in Three Inch Stilettos (#30) *
- Go Wine Tasting *
- See A Movie At A Drive-In Theater
- Swim With Sharks (#47) *
- Learn to Drive Stick Shift *
- Visit The Cemeteries In New Orleans
- Indulge in a Great Work of Literature (#88) *
- Go Ghost Hunting in England (#59) *
- Take A Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Learn to Get a Good Night’s Sleep (#99) *
- Write A Children’s Book