MENU

September 14, 2011

Temporomandibular Joint Issues...

I didn't end up going to work today because my temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD) has been flaring up since the minute I woke up. My whole face is killing me and nothing I'd done as of thus far has really helped -- I took like five Aleve® and in an hour or so I'm gonna hit the Vicodin because the Aleve® didn't do shit. The only good thing is that is isn't messing with me equilibrium today -- It really sucks when your equilibrium is all screwed up.

For those of you that don't know anything about TMJD here is some information...

Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJD) occur as a result of problems with the jaw, jaw joint and surrounding facial muscles that control chewing and moving the jaw.

Common Symptoms Of TMJD Include:
  • Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
  • Limited ability to open the mouth very wide
  • Jaws that get "stuck" or "lock" in the open- or closed-mouth position
  • Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth (which may or may not be accompanied by pain)
  • A tired feeling in the face
  • Difficulty chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite – as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly
  • Swelling on the side of the face
Other common symptoms of TMJD include toothaches, headaches, neckaches, dizziness, earaches, hearing problems, upper shoulder pain, and ringing in the ears (tinnitis).

No comments :

Post a Comment