MENU

October 22, 2011

In West Philadelphia Born & Raised...

Today my family, my sister's boyfriend and I went to Philadelphia to hang out, eat and go to Eastern State Penitentiary's Terror Behind the Walls -- The haunted attraction that I went to last November with my friends.

We got into Philly around 3:00pm and we headed straight to Reading Terminal Market because my parents wanted to try the pork sandwich from DiNic's that was featured on an episode of Man v. Food. The line for the sandwich was crazy but they waited on it. While they were doing that I was wandering around trying to figure out what I wanted to eat -- I ended up eating fish tacos, which I finished eating before they got to the table with their sandwiches. Eventually they go their sandwiches and they struggled to finish them because they were huge and according to the delicious.

When we were done eating we continued walking around the market and then we ventured outside to do a little walking around Philly. We stopped at all of the normal walking spots around the area, took pictures, etc.

After walking around for a bit we headed back to our car so that we could head over to Eastern State Penitentiary because we wanted to see if we could get in to the Terror Behind the Walls earlier than the time on our tickets. And we did, we were actually the first people to walk through for the night and it was awesome. It was really nice being able to walk through without people being too close to us.

Once we were finished walking through we headed towards Pat's King of Steaks and Geno's Steaks because my parents wanted to try each and see which was better. They ate both and they decided that they liked Pat's King of Steaks the best.

When they were done we stopped into RIM Café (Where Duff Goldman from Food Network's Sugar High went for the hot chocolate and desserts) for coffee, hot chocolate and dessert. René (the guys who made Duff his Volcano and Magnum -- Both hot chocolate drinks) made me mine and let me video tape him as he did. He also yelled at me for making the same mistake Duff did, trying to take the Magnum before he put all of this homemade chocolates on top. It was delicious, it wasn't super sweet or anything. When we were done with our coffee and such we headed home. It was a good trip. We all had a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back.

No comments :

Post a Comment