MENU

January 10, 2012

Milk Jug Igloo...

If you looked at the blurb under my photo of the day you already know how I spent the first two and a half hours at work today, if you didn't I spent it making an igloo out of milk jugs with "Favorite Page #1" and "Favorite Page #4."

I've been collecting gallon plastic milk jugs for a little over a month now and I received about 80 of them in that time period -- I've been getting them from staff members and patrons. Since I "had so many" of them my Department Head suggested yesterday that I finally make it and get the milk jugs out of our office and the various places in the library that I had them stashed. So as per her request, even thought I knew I didn't have enough, I rounded up the Pages and started it. Two and a half hours, every hot glue stick in the library and all of those milk jugs only got half of the main body done. Now I have to start begging people for more jugs so I can get it done as soon as possible.

The highlight of the whole thing was that my Director saw it and actually liked it. He actually wants to see if I can get it done before the next Board Meeting because he wants to show it off to them. That made me happy.

Whenever I finish it you can bet that I'll be posting about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment