MENU

January 30, 2012

On The Hunt...

I had the best day out with "Favorite Page #2" today. The two of us spend the entire day bopping from thrift store to thrift store and from record store to record store to see what LP's and 45's we could find -- Yup, we're both dorks with record players. It was so much fun and it was just nice to be able to go into those kinds of stores with someone who appreciated them and wouldn't get bored while one hunts around for crap. We enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to do it possible once a month if we were both free on the same day. I can't wait for our next trip!

Records:
  • Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (LP Sized Single)
  • Tiffany by Tiffany
  • Rump Shaker by Wreckx'n Effect (LP Sized Single)
  • When Doves Cry by Prince (LP Sized Single)
  • Hotel California by The Eagles
  • Aerosmith's Great Hits by Aerosmith
  • Jimi Hendrix Experience Smash Hits by Jimi Hendrix
  • Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice (LP Sized Single)
  • The Immaculate Collection by Madonna
  • Queen Greatest Hits by Queen
  • The Stranger by Billy Joel
  • Push It by Salt N Pepa (LP Sized Single)
  • Labyrinth Soundtrack
  • My Fair Lady Soundtrack
  • Peter Rabbit
  • Peter Pan
  • Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty
  • Reckless by Bryan Adams
  • Cheech y Chong's Up in Smoke
45" Singles:
  • "Let It Be" by The Beatles
  • "1999" by Prince
  • "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones
  • "Can't Help Falling In Love" by UB40
  • "Non Dimenticar" by Nate King Cole
  • "Benny & The Jets" by Elton John
  • "Angie" by The Rolling Stones
  • "In The Navy" by The Village People
  • "Like A Virgin" by Madonna
  • "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel
  • "ABC" by The Jackson 5
  • "Lyin' Eyes" by The Eagles
  • "What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner
  • "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by The Police
  • "That's The Way (I Like It)" by K.C. & The Sunshine Band
  • "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" by The 5th Dimensions
  • "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" by Elmo N Patsy
I actually have more 45's but I have no idea what they are because I bought bags full of them from the thrift stores for $1.00. I buy them like that because you never know what you're gonna get and I've been surprised by what I've gotten.

1 comment :

  1. "Bennie and the Jets" is totally my groove! It's like, my unofficial theme song for strutting around NYC with dark sunglasses on looking mysterious and then tripping over cracks in the sidewalk. Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete