MENU

February 14, 2012

February Love: My Lovely Sponsors...






Hi! My name is Lou and I'm from Perth, Western Australia. Cupcakes and Tea-parties, DIY's, Grandma Chic, Pen-pals and everyday silliness is what you will find over on my little blog, Foxy Whiskers. I blog about anything and everything that pops into my head!

♥ Blog = Foxy Whiskers
♥ Twitter = @LittleMiddleLou
♥ Instagram = LittleLew





What's your favorite children's book?
My favourite children's book is The Very Hungry Catepiller by Eric Carle.

What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was The Flea Markets of France which is a tourists guide to the best markets all over France!

What is your best memory from Valentine's Day?
My favourite Valentine's Day memory was a "Follow the Clue" game that GB (my boyfriend) had hidden all over my house. At the end of the game was the expensive leather Jacket that I had been coveting all month! What a babe!


Hey! I'm Jessica, from My Love is Growing. I’m about 80 years old trapped inside a 25 year old body, and despite moving around a little bit, was mainly born and raised on the chilly Canadian Prairies. I love making unwanted things look pretty and functional again. Last August, my husband and I purchased our first house, an 84-year old charmer that needed a little bit of love. Right now we're working on renovating it into the perfect starter home. Follow us as we tear down walls, change out light fixtures, pick paint colours, install cabinets, well pretty much anything relating to a renovation... We're learning a lot as we go and love sharing our story with you!

♥ Blog = My Love Is Growing
♥ Twitter = @JessicaBahuaud
♥ Pinterest = LoveIsGrowing


What's your favorite children's book?

Oh man, there's so many good ones! As a kid, it was always Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munsch. Now, I'm really drawn to children's books by Oliver Jeffers. They're so gorgeous!

When was the last time you were in a library?
Maybe six months ago? I'm generally a buy-the-book type, but after buying a house, we ended up cutting expenses and it was back to the library for me! I actually enjoy the library quite a lot.

What is the last book you read?
Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. Good, but not as great as The Glass Castle. ;)

What is your ideal Valentine's Day date?
I'm in a bit of an i-hate-cooking phase, so going out eat somewhere would be nice. Not even anywhere, fancy, I'm not picky! And then just back to the house to relax and spend time together. Maybe play a board game with my husband? I'm totally lame, I know.

Flowers? Chocolate? A card? Jewelry? Or all of the above?
I do love flowers, but I can't justify how much florists jack up the prices for Valentines Day! I'm not much of a chocolate person. But I do like jewelry - especially if it comes in a Tiffany blue box. ;)

What is your best memory from Valentine's Day?
Probably 2010. My then-boyfriend and I had just arrived in Paris the day before for the first time ever. We were totally jet-lagged and a little shellshocked, but wandering the Notre Dame cathedral and the Latin Quarter was still amazing! We ended up getting engaged in Paris six days later.





Hi, I'm Mandi and I blog at LifeInBeta.com. I'm a web-developer by day and recently started a freelance business, ProperDogMedia.com to work with bloggers and small businesses. I'm also in the midst of wedding planning and after our 8/10/12 wedding, I'll also become step-mama to a rambunctious 3 year old boy! Besides juggling family and work, I love knitting, photography, reading, my pets, and all things coffee-related!

♥ Blog = Life In Beta
♥ Twitter = @Mandi
♥ Pinterest = Mandi224



What's your favorite children's book?

It's hard to pick just one, but the ones that stand out in my memory are Corduroy, The Thingamajig Book of Do's and Don'ts, and Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.

When was the last time you were in a library?
It's probably been about a year. I have a backlog of books I've already purchased (either paperbacks or on my Kindle) so till I get caught up on those, I don't want to add more to my to-read list!

What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was Water for Elephants, which I LOVED! It was a fast read and as soon as I hit the final page, I could have turned to the front to re-read it again immediately. I enjoyed it THAT much. I'm currently working on reading Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs.

What is your ideal Valentine's Day date?
I really hate crowds so I'd rather have a quiet night at home with some take-out or home-cooking, then maybe a movie and some snuggling. I'm pretty laid back.

Flowers? Chocolate? A card? Jewelry? Or all of the above?
I really adore fresh cut flowers, so though I'd never expect it, my favorite gift would be a bouquet of something simple like colorful Gerbera daisies.

What is your best memory from Valentine's Day?
This is silly -- but the Valentine's Day that stands out MOST in my memory is from when I was in elementary school: all the kids were supposed to design a "mailbox" and bring it in to class so we could drop off Valentines to each other. My mom spent HOURS with me, making the most amazing mailbox ever -- it looked like a post office box you'd see on a street corner, complete with the hinged door! I was so proud when I brought it in to school the next day!



Hi! I'm Jess, the girl behind Tenpenny Splendid. I'm 24, a graphic designer, and a grad student living in sunny Philadelphia. I'm also a foodie in training, a crafter, an artist, an entrepreneur, and a girlfriend to the best guy in the world. My boyfriend, Charlie, is a photographer and taught me everything I know about photography. We have been dating for over 5 years and are still going strong! :) I love meeting new people in this little blog world of ours so don't be shy, drop me a comment so we can get to know each other!

♥ Blog = Tenpenny Splendid
♥ Twitter = @TenpennySplndid
♥ Pinterest = TenpennySplndid
♥ Etsy = TenpennySplendid


What's your favorite children's book?

I'm going to have to go with Goodnight Moon. That's probably a popular answer but I have to put it because it's the first book I ever "read". And by that I mean, it was read to me so much that I memorized the words and the right pages to look at while I said them so I had my grandmom convinced I was reading at some absurdly young age. This is what I'm told anyway. ;)

When was the last time you were in a library?
Not for a while until recently. I'm in my school's library all the time now because they have a great children's section that I use for my classes and practicum.

What is the last book you read?
I'm in the middle of reading Promise Not To Tell by Jennifer McMahon. It's the second book I've read by her and so far it does not disappoint. Love her books.

What is your ideal Valentine's Day date?
My ideal Valentine's Day date may seem lame to some, but I really like staying in and cooking with my boyfriend. We've done that for the past few years and I really enjoy it. I mean, after all, it's about being with that special someone and not a crowded restaurant full of a strangers right? Also, it's nice for the pocketbook. ;) And you can make it as fancy or casual as you want!

Flowers? Chocolate? A card? Jewelry? Or all of the above?
Chocolate. But I'm a Hershey's girl. None of that fancy stuff. It just doesn't taste as good! Keep it basic.

What is your best memory from Valentine's Day?
My best V Day memory isn't so much something good, but more like something that's funny in hindsight. A couple years back, my boyfriend made this awesome dinner that included shrimp and lobster. A little while after we ate it, he broke out in hives all over his face and torso. We thought maybe he was having a reaction to the shellfish! We were in my college apartment in the city so we did the only thing we could think of.. we walked about 15 blocks through the cold to the nearest hospital. And by the time we got there.. the hives were gone. Completely gone! What we thought was an allergic reaction was magically cured by the cold air. It sucked plenty then but now we laugh when we think about it. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment