MENU

May 26, 2012

Music A To Z: V Is For...

V is for... Voodoo Child (Slight Return) by Jimi Hendrix

Any and everything Jimi Hendrix reminds me of my father. He actually got to see Jimi play at Woodstock and he was at the Filmore East on December 31, 1969.

Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix on Grooveshark



Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand.
Well, I stand up next to a mountain,
Chop it down with the edge of my hand.
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island,
Might even raise just a little sand.
Cause Im a voodoo chile,
Lord knows Im a voodoo chile, baby.

I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time,
Ill give it right back to you one of these days.
I said I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time,
Ill give it right back one of these days.
And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late.
Cause I'm a voodoo chile, voodoo chile,
Lord knows I'm a voodoo chile, hey hey hey.
I'm a voodoo chile, baby.

No comments :

Post a Comment