MENU

May 8, 2012

R.I.P. King Of All The Wild Things...

Maurice Sendak died today at the age of eighty-three and I'm so sad! He seemed like the coolest crankiest old bastard ever and I wanted to meet him so badly and buy him a drink. ::Sigh:: It'll never happen now...
 R.I.P. Maurice Sendak
June 10, 1928 – May 8, 2012
I hope that where ever you ended up your supper was 
waiting for you and that it was still hot.

I actually have a funny library Maurice Sendak story. Once I had a girl come up to me at the library and ask me to proof read a biography she wrote on Maurice Sendak. I was reading through the paper and noticed that the girl had written "she" instead of "he" throughout the whole paper. When I was finished reading through the report I went up to the girl and told her Maurice was a man. She was pissed at me for telling her she made a mistake and that she had to rewrite the whole thing. It was ridiculous, and she really did think Maurice was a woman.

No comments :

Post a Comment