MENU

June 6, 2012

BookExpo America 2012...

Today I had the pleasure of attending BookExpo America for the third time at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. I woke up early, hoped on the LIRR, headed into the City and walked from Penn Station to the convention center.
 I'm not going to bore you with the play by play details of my day because I typically spend my time at BookExpo collecting swag and information that I can take back to the library and tell the people that I think might be interesting in know about X, Y or Z. What I will tell you is I got A LOT of stuff, but it feels like less than I've gotten in previous years (I feel like the publishers are getting cheap with their freebies).
Enough with my blabbing... Here's a peak at my swag...

FREE BOOKS (Most are advance reader copies)
  • 3 Below by Patrick Carman
  • Albert of Adelaide by Howard Anderson
  • Angelfall by Susan Ee
  • Bella & Harry Let's Visit Paris! by Lisa Manzione *
  • The Black House by Peter May
  • The Blessed by Tonya Hurley 
  • Breed by Chase Novak 
  • The Case of the Rock 'N' Roll Dog by Martha Freeman
  • The Chocolate Money by Ashley Prentice Norton
  • Come August, Come Freedom The Bellows, The Gallows & The Black General Gabriel by Gigi Amateau
  • Dark Lord by Jamie Thomson 
  • Drama by Raina Relgemeier
  • Discover New York City by Lonely Planet
  • Eating Aliens: One Man's Adventures Hunting Invasive Animal Species by Jackson Landers
  • Eckankar: Ancient Wisdom for Today by Todd Cramer
  • Economix: How Our Economy Works (And Doesn't Work) by Michael Goodwin
  • Elemental by Emily White *
  • Entice by Jessica Shirvington
  • Fate, Love, Tears by Lauren Bishop
  • Gift by Andrea J. Buchanan *
  • The High-Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate by Scott Nash
  • Holy Nomad: The Rugged Road to Joy by Matt Litton
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
  • How Many Feet in the Bed? by Heather Spergel
  • I Love Art by American Girl
  • In Sunlight and in Shadow by Mark Helprin
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
  • Kiss Make Up by Katie D. Anderson
  • Not-For-Parents New York City Everything You Ever Wanted To Know by Lonely Planet
  • Old Moore's Horoscope Daily Astral Diary: Pisces 
  • Oopsy, Teacher! by Stephanie Calmenson
  • Pinned by Sharon G. Flake
  • Revived Resuscitated Reborn Undead by Clay Morgan
  • Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan
  • Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz
  • Starting From Here by Lisa Jenn Bigelow
  • S.T.A.T. Double Team by Amar'e Stoudemire
  • The Strongest Love by Katie McDonnell 
  • The Terror of Black Eagle Tavern by Megan Atwood
  • Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Eric Manheimer, MD
  • Unbored: The Essential Field Guide to Serious Fun by Joshua Glee & Elizabeth Larsen
  • Undead by Kristy McKay
  • We Sinners by Hanna Pylvainen
  • What Time Is It? It's Duffy Time by Audrey & Don Wood
  • Why Does He Do That? Why Does She Do That? by Dr. Paula Bloom & Dr. Reef Karim *
In addition to the titles above, I got a bunch of book samplers with excerpts from upcoming books.

Overall I had a great time as I always seem to, I just wish that someone would come with me. If anyone wants to come to BookExpo America 2013 with me lemme know.
 
* = Autographed by the author

3 comments :

  1. Whoa, congrats! Angelfall is supposed to be seriously awesome. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly grabbed every book I saw and I didn't end up with one from your list. I was so sad when I went through your list and the books got and noticed I didn't pick up any of them.

    ReplyDelete