MENU

September 6, 2012

Overdue Sponsor Post...

I'm a terrible terrible sponsor host. Last month I asked my lovely sponsors questions about road tripping which I very much so intended on posting before Erin and I went on our misadventure. As you can see that didn't happen but hey, better late than never?! 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

BLOGFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMBLOGLOVIN'


Have you ever been on a road trip? If not, where would you go?
Well this is lame! I've never been on a road trip. That's my goal before turning twenty-five, actually. I'd definitely go cross-country. My best friend Alyssa moved back to CA a few years back, and I've only seen her once since then. I miss her something awful and I'd love to sight see and get to pick up my favourite tot. (She's quite short.)

If you haven't been on one, would you drive or have somebody else do it?
At the moment, somebody else. I don't have my license (I go to school in NY - leave me alone) at the moment though I hope to achieve it by Christmas. That being said, I don't have a car. But I really hate highways (I can drive, I just don't) and I love being able to just relax and fiddle with the radio, put my feet up on the dashboard, and sing my heart out to songs. You can't do that as the driver ;)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
BLOGTWITTERBLOGLOVIN'HELLOCOTTONPINTEREST


Have you ever been on a road trip? If so where did you go?
Yes! I've road tripped heaps of times and I love it! In 2010 I road tripped from New York to Florida which was amazing and then we went from Quebec City to Prince Edward Island. They were probably the biggest road trips I've ever taken. I've also seen quite a fair bit of Western Australia too. 


Did you drive or someone else?
My boyfriend always seems to do all the driving! I always offer, but I think he likes to be in charge of the wheel!

Do you like road side attractions?
I love the roadside attractions. They're a great excuse to stop and stretch my legs or take a silly photo.

What is the weirdest road side attraction you've ever been to?
My parents have a house three hours south of Perth which we occasionally road trip to. On the way is "Gnomesville" a little side of the road village that full of HUNDREDS of garden gnomes! People even drive from the city to add a gnome to the collection. It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

Any details you wanna add?
I'm currently galavanting around Western Australia on a month-long road trip for work. I am touring a show around regional parts of WA and so far it's been quite fun. I'm documenting a bit of my adventures on my blog!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
BLOGGOODREADS

Have you ever been on a road trip? If so where did you go?
Yup, my fiance and I drove from NY to TX. Twice.

Did you drive or someone else?

He drove. I was co-pilot and navigator.

Do you like road side attractions?

Sure, though it was raining during a lot of our first trip, so we didn't get to see many.

What is the weirdest road side attraction you've ever been to?

I'm pretty boring. I go for the historical sites. There are a lot of fun "ghosts of the Civil War" reenactments down south where you basically go on a tour and they tell you ghost stories surrounding the location and local history.

Any details you wanna add?
Eat! Sampling different foods from hole-in-the-wall local places is the best part of road trips. Also, Tennessee drivers don't seem to like cars with NY license plates. Memphis and the surrounding area is crawling with cops looking for speeders. Avoid Brownsville, TN, seriously. The mountains in Virginia and Tennessee are beautiful. You'll see cows in every single state. Stop by Austin and say hello!  

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
BLOGPINTEREST

Have you ever been on a road trip? If so where did you go?
I've driven to San Francisco at least 25 times in my little life. I have a lot of family up North and friends who attended  SF State. Once a month my friends and I would pile into someone's car, eat way too much gas station food, and brave the 7 hour drive.

Did you drive or someone else?
I like driving because there is nothing worst than being condemned to the back seat.

Do you like road side attractions?
My friends and I love stopping and checking out local eats and mom and pop shops. If you have the chance to drive up the California coast I'd suggest stopping at Hurst Castle and Slovang (a cute Danish town).

What is the weirdest road side attraction you've ever been to?
Once on the way home from Vegas we stopped at an abandoned water park! It honestly looked like people just up and left it with rides, posters, and games intact. It was super creepy!


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
BLOG INSTAGRAM TWITTERBLOGLOVIN'PINTERESTGOODREADS

Have you ever been on a road trip? If so where did you go?
I have been! They are so fun. My boyfriend and I have been running around California lately, and the last big one was with my family - on a crosscountry from Orlando to San Fran!

Did you drive or someone else?

Mmmm we take turns for sure! 

Do you like road side attractions? 

Of course! They are so much fun. However, you need to make sure that you have the time.
 

What is the weirdest road side attraction you've ever been to? 
Nothings been weird, just very pretty.

Any details you wanna add?
I must always have goldfish!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

BLOG TWITTER INSTAGRAMBLOGLOVIN'

Have you ever been on a road trip? If so where did you go?

Yes, I've gone on several road trips.  Most recently Michael & I went to Virginia and Washington DC a few yeas back.  Does it count as a road trip if you take the train part of the way?
 

Did you drive or someone else?
Mostly I make Michael drive because sitting still for that long drives (ha ha) me crazy.  We've driven to FL together.  I also took a bus tour to FL with my high school. Michael & I took the train to VA and to New Orleans, which was fun.  We enjoy traveling by train best - then someone else does the driving!
 

 Do you like road side attractions?
I can't say that I recall any road side attractions on any of our trips, unless rest stops count.  We will drive to attractions as points of interest for us, but we don't tend to make very many random stops.

What is the weirdest road side attraction you've ever been to? 

Well, to be honest, it was this bizarre gas station in Savannah, Georgia that sold pecans by the pound and pecan rolls.  I just had to have a pecan roll.  I am sad to report that the roll in question wasn't as delicious nor as exciting as I was hoping. =(
 

Any details you wanna add?
I can't say that I can give you any other details, except that if you haven't traveled by train before you should totally try it!  It's fun to be able to see scenery and play board games while getting to your destination!  Well, if you consider the shady parts of most towns as scenery....
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

No comments :

Post a Comment