MENU

March 27, 2013

Finally Open To The Public...

It's been almost five months since Hurricane Sandy hit and we finally opened the library to the public today (This has been one of the big reasons I haven't written much lately, because we've been so busy trying to get the place ready to open). I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda weird to have patrons in the building seeing as we've been closed for so long and it's also very stressful, at least for me because I notice everything and I can see all of the things that still need fixing and such. But I guess it was time for us to just jump in and get the place open. I'll let you guys know how it all goes...

5 comments :

  1. That's wonderful!! I am so, so happy to hear that! Do you know if my branch is open yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your branch has been open since the end of January actually. We had extended hours for a while, the librarians and clerks from the main branch were working down there in shifts, I was doing story time, etc.

      I mean it isn't fully operational because something weird is wrong with the security connection and for some reason all of the phone calls are being routed to the bank. It's all very odd.

      Delete
  2. Oh strange! But that's good to know it's been open. I had stopped ordering because I wasn't sure if it was open or not. Should I start ordering again, then? Do the two women who worked there still work there now? And the page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just yet because their computers aren't running properly yet.

      Oh the ladies are still there. I don't think that they have their Page back just yet. The Page should be back soon though because we got ours back this week.

      Delete
  3. Good to know, thank you! I've been keeping a list of books to order :P Glad to hear the ladies are still there. Or, well, glad to hear one is at least! I'll try emailing the page. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete