MENU

August 21, 2014

Gossip Folks...

So my wedding is two weeks from Saturday and up until recently I haven't had to deal with much gossip and/or people running their mouths about stuff they don't know about in terms of my wedding at the library. But for some reason as of the last week I've had people come up to me questioning my guest list, people who I don't even care for texting other people asking about my wedding and I also found out that "Julia" was questioning "Emily" as to if she is attending or not. So as you can all guess, I'm super annoyed.

But I think the person who came up to me and questioned my guest list pissed me off the most. The individual in question started asking me if I invited the library director and my department head, and acted like I was hiding something from them. Like I secretly invited everyone but them and a handful of others, which is far from the truth. I have a total of thirty-five people attending my wedding and only one person coming to the actual ceremony has ever worked with me and that is "Favorite Page #1" -- I did invite "Favorite Page #2" and "Favorite Page #3" out barhopping along with Lenni and one other person. All of my other guests are family members and friends.

I just don't understand why anyone would think I was lying about who I invited to my wedding. Especially since I've said more than once that I wish that I was having a bigger wedding so I could invite everyone -- Not necessarily they person who was asking these questions though. So being grilled annoyed me beyond belief.

It's crap like this that made me take off the whole week before my wedding and decide to not come in the three work days between my wedding and honeymoon. I knew that these people would eventually start to frustrate the shit out of me and I'm glad I went with my gut.

Sorry for the rant.

2 comments :

  1. That would be so annoying. Sounds like you're handling it the right way, though. Just take time off and ignore them all!

    ReplyDelete