MENU

August 6, 2015

Family Members With Cancer...

Earlier today I found out that my Tia, my father's older sister, has breast cancer. Even though they've apparently found it very very early and we still have to wait for her to see an oncologist next week for some definites, I'm kinda of wrecked (She on the other hand is in good spirits and isn't worried about it).

For the past several years I've had to deal with a bunch of people I know and love battle cancer. Some have come out of it and beat it, while others have unfortunately lost their battles. So hearing this news today wasn't good for me. I mean, I basically watched my Aunt Jylle die last summer (My sister actually watched her die) and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with another family member with cancer ever again or at least for a long time.

I'm trying to focus on the positive and think about family members who have beaten their cancer like Justin's grandmother (She went through hellish surgery at the time but she is perfectly fine two years later). But I'm still feeling meh.

Sorry to be a downer today.

4 comments :

  1. *Huge hug*

    Cancer is just terrible!

    I'm doing a walk for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in MA in September.

    Sending well wishes to your aunt for no spreading and a swift recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! My family has been lucky when it comes to cancer, so I really don't know what you're going through, but I'm sorry and I hope she beats it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! She actually had a mastectomy on Monday and they think that she'll be fine with just that. So fingers crossed that she'll be fine because I don't know if I can deal with her not being okay.

      Delete