MENU

June 28, 2016

Life Update | Personal & Library Life...

So I've realized that I've been very much so missing in action since the beginning of the month, if not longer, and because of that I feel like I need to write about what has been going on in my life.

That being said, this post is probably going to feel all over the place and I apologize for that because I want to catch you all up on various things that have been going on in my life but I don't remember what I've told you, plus I got some upsetting news today (I found out today that someone that I used to be friends with died. And I'm not gonna lie, it fucked with my emotions a lot. Especially since we found out that she died over a month ago and we're all just finding out now. She had a small child. No one actually knows how she died. It's all overwhelming and upsetting). So yeah, here's a break down of whats been happening in my life since God knows when...

In terms of my personal life, things have been pretty good. Only a few minor life hiccups... Justin hurt his foot while we were at a friend's house and has been wearing a boot for a few weeks which put a hamper on our social life for a little bit but he is starting to feel better. We went out to dinner and such Friday night with Day, Toni and Amanda. Then we went to the beach on Sunday with Day, Erin, Alana and some other friends, so I'm glad he is feeling up to going out and doing stuff despite his bulky boot.

Last week I thought I ruined my LASIK flap because I rubbed my eye too hard and had to go in for an emergency eye doctors appointment. Thankfully that was not the case and I just irritated the crap out of it.

Aside from those two "bad" things everything else has been pretty good. Justin and I got tickets to see Hamilton again next May, we've been planning things to do while we are in Japan & Hong Kong in August/September, I went to Lisa's husband's 30th birthday party, I had a great Father's Day with my family, I had a best friend dinner date with Phil, I've been planning things to do as soon as Justin is bootless, etc. So things have happened but none of them have been blog worthy, plus I've been crazy busy at work. Which brings me to my library life...

I don't think I've mentioned this but we've been going through crazy changes. I may or may not have told you (I honestly don't remember) that our Director retired and we got a new one. Well the new one quit and we have another Director and things have just been a bit chaotic.

In addition to all new changes not even six months after our last change, I've entered my busy season aka reading club season. So I've been spending the majority of my time at work getting ready for our summer reading club which started today (Thank God!). And the other little bit of my time I've been dealing the teenage son of a friend of the library that donated money towards the library's new 3D printer. The kid is super nice, helpful and enthusiastic but the kid wants to come in ever damn day to do stuff with the 3D printer and teach me things. Which is super cute but I don't have time for it everyday, so I'm going to have to try and figure out how to tell the kid to chill out a bit without pissing him, his dad or our board members off. I'll keep you updated on that...

On top of those things, our new-ish librarian decided to apply for a grant and I some how got sucked into helping with it. So I am literally spending tomorrow re-writing whatever she and my Department Head wrote because they write like shit. So wish me luck with that.

But yeah, those are the main things that I've been dealing with at work. There are other little bullshitty issues; crazy patrons, one of my coworkers causing me to get into arguments with other coworkers. iPad drama, exterminators, so on and so forth...

I hope this post kinda made sense and give you all a glimpse into why I've been kinda-sorta missing in action for a while now.

2 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend passing away. It's so hard to find out something like that, and especially when time has already passed.

    Also, what's up with librarians and other people with college degrees writing like shit? I work in a college and see it all the time. It makes me crazy. I mean, I don't expect Shakespeare or anything, but string together a coherent sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's just so terrible because we still don't know how she died.

      For real!! I literally just finished editing that damn grant.

      Delete