MENU

May 28, 2010

Books & Video Games...

So, on Wednesday Lenora and I went to BookExpo America. It was interesting, we got to see a lot of cool things that normal people don't care about and got information on various companies and products that the library might be interested in. We also got madd swag -- I currently have twenty-five reusable bags from various vendors as a result of attending.

Here are some pictures of my haul. [FYI -- I am in no way promoting any of these items, I just thought people might want to see what I got throughout the day.]


Here are the bags I spoke about before.

The one in the middle is my favorite of all of them. It brings of the dorky Youth Services librarian in me.

So, that was Wednesday work-wise. Wednesday night I spent hanging out with a few of my friends (Erin, Phil and Pat) by the beach.

Thursday, I worked from 1:00pm - 9:00pm. I spent the day discussing the BookExpo with my coworkers, ordering tons of books from the catalogs I got, I did a session of story time and I held a video gaming program -- I got my director to purchase almost $2,000 worth of video gaming equipment two months ago. After work I went to have coffee and pie with Erin and Phil. Pretty uneventful day.

Today starts my five day mini vacation. Tonight I'm heading into NYC for my friends Mike and Paul's housewarming party and tomorrow I'm going to Fire Island (Cherry Grove) for "Gays of Our Lives" -- Which is just an excuse for all of my gay friends to get drunk on the beach, which is cool with me seeing as my boyfriend and I are invited. So, I probably won't post again until Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment