MENU

May 25, 2010

What You Call Insanity, I Call Inspiration...

We had to have a mini evacuation today. The power went out, thus causing our Director to fly into a tizzy. I found the whole situation to be humorous, I kept telling my coworkers that the alien-terrorist-zombies were attacking and it was all part of their master plan to take over the world -- Most of them enjoy my off beat humor, others can’t stand it or me. I at least kept my department head amused…

After our twenty minute crisis life at the library when back to being boring -- I’ve had a particularly boring week. We had a summer reading club/craft/book discussion pow wow, I did a story time, then I went to my best friend Erin’s apartment to continue our recycling mission.

What is this recycling mission you ask?!?! Well, she and I have booked a fabulous trip to Europe for the end of August, and we decided that in order to go on all of the excursions we would love to go on while we are country hopping that we need madd cash money. We both obviously won’t get extra jobs, so we decided to do the next best thing. Collect cans and bottles the night before recycling day and cash them in. It’s like getting free money for minimal effort. It has been quite lucrative for us -- we started this venture last week.

Our trip to Europe brings me to the latest book I have checked out, "No Regrets: 101 Fabulous Things to Do Before You're Too Old, Married or Pregnant" by Sarah Ivens.
Before I even knew about this book, our trip to Europe was about going to do things before we get married, buy homes and have kids, so I thought it was the perfect book to check out. I'm happy to be able to say I've had the pleasure of doing a handful of things on the list already (i.e. - #53: Stay up all night in Las Vegas) and I look forward to trying to do the rest, or at least a nice chunk of them.

Oh! Tomorrow Lenni and I are going to BookExpo America at the Javits Center in NYC. It should be awesome. I'll keep you posted.

No comments :

Post a Comment