MENU

June 6, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day Four...

Day 04 — Your favorite book
Obviously being a librarian with a BA in English I love me some books, but I honestly don't get to read as many as you'd think -- Librarians don't get to sit around and read books very often, plus I'm still in school working on my MLS. None the less, I still have a bunch of favorites an I've decided that I need discuss my favorite adult book, as well as my favorite children's book.

My favorite adult book is "Invisible Monsters" by Chuck Palahniuk (1999). I adore this book. It is so messed up, weird and wonderful all at the same time. I am constantly quoting lines from the book. There are transsexuals, homosexuals, people's jaws get blown off, fires and weddings -- Things I love! If you haven't read this book I totally recommend it.

Honorable Mentions:
♥ "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo (1969)
♥ "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by J.K. Rowling (2000)
♥ "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom (2003)
♥ "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk (2002)

Now that you know my favorite adult book, here is my choice children's: "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" by Mo Willems (2003) -- I love Mo Willems, I actually stood right near him at BookExpo America and I had an internal fan girl moment.

"Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" is just so simple and cute that it has this huge place in my heart even though it isn't a title I grew up with. I just have this inexplicable love for this thirty-six page book.

Honorable Mentions:
♥ "Where The Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein (1974)
♥ "Madeline" by Ludwig Bemelmans (1939)
♥ "There is a Wocket in My Pocket" by Dr. Seuss (1974)
♥ "The Stinky Cheese Man & Other Fairly Stupid Tales" by Jon Scieszka (1992)

No comments :

Post a Comment