MENU

September 29, 2010

Overdue Archives: New York Comic Con 2009...

Because I'm super excited for New York Comic Con (NYCC) next week I thought I should revisit my NYCC 2009 experience.

I attended New York Comic Con 2009 on February 6th at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. I was sent along with two of my coworkers after I submitted a fifty page proposal to our Director -- The proposal included a lengthy letter and lots of documentation showing why librarians should attend a comic book convention.


At NYCC we attended several professional panels about purchasing comics/manga/graphic novels for libraries, the best of the three for young adults and about classics that every library should own. After the panels we went straight for the swag, and oh did we end up with tons of stuff -- We even ended up with stuff that we shouldn't have gotten for free but since vendors found out that we were librarians we got extras. We met authors, artists, publishers, etc. We got sneak peaks at tons of forthcoming materials. It was awesome. Unfortunately I only got to go one day even though I had a three day pass because I had to work the Saturday and Justin had pneumonia.

I'm so excited for the Con this year. I cannot wait for next Friday!

No comments :

Post a Comment