MENU

December 24, 2010

Nochebuena...

Seeing as I am Cuban (and that I live in a house full of lapsed Catholics) Christmas Eve is way more important than Christmas Day, so we've been celebrating all day.

My darling friends Erin and Nicole joined my family for our traditional gluttonous Christmas Eve meal of seafood paella, pernil, etc. -- Of which I was in charge of cooking the paella and FYI, it was banging. We had a lovely meal, great conversation and tons of fun. We took about a ten minute break after dinner and then we had coffee and desserts -- We ate a lot of food, before we even sat down at the dinner table we ate four different appetizers.

Official 2010 Nochebuena Menu
Appetizers
  • Fried shrimp with dipping sauces
  • Steamed mussels in a garlic seafood broth with bread
  • Baked clams
  • Lobster bisque
Main Course
  • Seafood paella
  • Pernil
Dessert
  • Crème brûlée
  • Apple walnut cake
  • Almond cookies

After dinner my sister, Erin, Nicole and I exchanged gifts. As we were doing so Maria showed up with a gift for me -- It was half for Christmas and half for baking her over three dozen cupcakes between midnight and 2:30am (Short version of this long story: she lied to her boss and said she had to leave early to bake cupcakes for a party at work, she didn't really do it and I ended up doing so at an ungodly hour because I make the bestest cupcakes). Here are my lovely gifts...

Nicole: Love Spell Book • Erin: Matryoshka • Maria: Ed Hardy Makeup Palette

Once we finished exchanged gifts and hugs, I busted out the cranberry vodka mixture I made and we mixed it with some Moët. We drank, took some pictures, talked before the ladies had to exit to go to Maria's house for Nochebuena dinner because she is Chilean/Argentinian -- Luckily, they have their dinner madd late and we have ours between 5:00pm & 6:00pm. But when they are done with dinner they should be coming back to drink boozy hot chocolate and to watch The Muppet Christimas Carol (1992).

No comments :

Post a Comment