MENU

December 19, 2010

Weezer Memories Tour...

I am a super lucky girl, my boyfriend got us tickets for both nights of Weezer's Memories Tour at Roseland Ballroom in New York City. And here is how both nights went down...

Blue Album Night (12/17/2010)
We got into the City early so that we could go to Roseland Ballroom and find the person that my patron had told me to ask for -- See Bad Thursday entry for the back story. We found said individual and they gave us bracelets so that we could watch the concert from the mezzanine balcony. Once we got inside we ran up the stairs to see if we could get some prime seating. And we did we got a table front and center, and we didn't move all night.

The concert started at 8:00pm with the opening band Free Energy. I hate opening bands so I didn't really pay attention to them (I was busy taunting my friends via Facebook). A little after 9:00pm Weezer came on and played the following setlist.

Setlist
:
  1. Memories
  2. (If You're Wondering If I Want You to) I Want You To
  3. Troublemaker
  4. Pork and Beans
  5. Beverly Hills
  6. Keep Fishin'
  7. Photograph
  8. Island in the Sun
  9. Hash Pipe
  10. Falling for You
  11. My Name Is Jonas
  12. No One Else
  13. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
  14. Buddy Holly
  15. Undone - The Sweater Song
  16. Surf Wax America
  17. Say It Ain't So
  18. In the Garage
  19. Holiday
  20. Only in Dreams
The show was awesome and we both had a great time.

Pinkerton Night (12/18/2010)
We got to the City super super early because we were planning on having dinner at Victor's Cafe. When we got there the chick in front told us they were booked until 9:00pm, we said screw that and we walked around the corner to this little Mexican restaurant. Justin and I were there for a while, we figured instead of freezing our asses off in line that we'd just hang out in the restaurant until the doors at Roseland opened.

A little past 7:00pm we walked over to Roseland. Once inside we went to check our coats. We get to the coat check lady and Justin hands her his jacket with his zip up inside of it and she tells him it is $3.00 per item. He demands his jackets back and walks away -- Later he told me he contemplated taking my jacket too. After the coat check debacel, we found ourselves a nice little spot behind the sound booth to watch the show from. Once there we basically just hung out there all night.

Again Free Energy opened and again I ignored them. Weezer came on about the same time they did the night before and they played the following setlist.

Setlist:
  1. Memories
  2. Pork and Beans
  3. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
  4. Perfect Situation
  5. Dope Nose
  6. Hash Pipe
  7. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
  8. Susanne
  9. Jamie
  10. Only in Dreams
  11. Tired of Sex
  12. Getchoo
  13. No Other One
  14. Why Bother?
  15. Across the Sea
  16. The Good Life
  17. El Scorcho
  18. Pink Triangle
  19. Falling for You
  20. Butterfly
This show was way better than the Blue Album show, but only beacause they played songs I'd never heard them play before. This was my 8th Weezer concert and it was the first time I'd ever heard them play "El Scorcho" -- I would have heard it in 2005 during the Foozer Tour if it wasn't for breaking my ankle the day before the concert, thus causing me to miss it. They also played "Susanne" and "Jamie" which were awesome.

I did want to punch someone tonight, while Karl was showing the audience a slide show he was talking about Carli and Mykel (for those of you that don't know, they were in charge of Weezer's fan club and they died in car accident in 1997) and this chick laughs, then said "Oh, they died" and continued laughing. I don't know, it made me mad. But aside from that ass the concert was awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment