MENU

July 26, 2011

Outreach In The Park...

Today I ended up being sent to a local park to represent the library at an event with other community groups that deal with children -- It was an outreachy type thing. It was a pretty dull event with the exception of "Bad Mommy #1" being there and her son pulling down his pants in some random section of the park and peeing against a wall -- She obviously wasn't paying attention to him, so she had no idea what he was doing.

I did meeting random program providers and other local individuals that deal with children. One of the women in particular though for some reason that I would be interested in joining some Long Island group of young Latino professionals (I'm not...) and invited me to some events throughout the next few months.

I was stuck there for two hours before I had to go back to the library and work my night. I have mixed feelings on doing the event. It was nice to get out of the library, but it kinda also felt like a waste of my time. At least they only do it once a year, so I won't have to do it again until next summer.

No comments :

Post a Comment