MENU

September 3, 2011

Incubus At Jones Beach...

I just got back from seeing Incubus play Nikon at Jones Beach with my sister (I bought the tickets as a birthday gift to her a few months back). We really enjoying the concert, which means a lot considering how much my sister and I both disliked their new album. We decided that when the songs are mixed in with classic Incubus it isn't that bad, plus they only played four new songs out of twenty.

The band Young The Giant opened for them, but we missed them due to the fact that we were out to dinner for Nicole's birthday while they were playing -- I personally dislike 95% of opening bands so I wasn't sad about missing them. We actually had the best timing ever, we finished dinner and made it to the theater just as they were ended. It was awesome, I would love to be able to do that before every concert I go to but it probably won't happen -- Next concert I'm going to is Foo Fighters at Madison Square Garden in November, so it definitely won't be happening with our general admission tickets.

Back to Incubus... They came on around 9:00pm and played the following twenty song setlist...

Setlist

  • Pardon Me
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Adolescents
  • Anna Molly
  • Promises, Promises
  • If Not Now, When?
  • Circles
  • Consequence
  • Are You In?
  • Vitamin
  • In the Company of Wolves
  • Defiance
  • Talk Shows on Mute (Acoustic)
  • Punch Drunk
  • Look Alive
  • Dig (Remix)
  • Drive
  • Nice To Know You
Encore:
  • Megalomaniac
  • Tomorrow's Food
It was a decent and solid setlist, but I've honestly heard them play better ones -- This was the 6th time I've seen them perform live. What we both got excited about was that they played "Vitamin" because we didn't think they'd be playing anything off of the album S.C.I.E.N.C.E (1997) -- Which is their first and best album! Honestly, I love them and they can do no wrong live.

No comments :

Post a Comment