MENU

December 7, 2011

Cookin' Librarian: Fried Eggplant Sandwich...

I had seen a recipe for fried eggplant and goat-cheese sandwiches with a tomato tarragon sauce on Pinterest and I had to make it, minus the tomato tarragon sauce because I don't particularly like tarragon. I didn't actually follow any recipe because hey, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to fry up some eggplant. But for the sake of a blog post, here is how I made my eggplant.

Eggplant and Goat-Cheese Sandwiches

Ingredients:
Fresh-ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cayenne pepper I put cayenne pepper in everything, you can skip it if you want
Dry bread crumbs
Flour
Eggplant, cut into rounds
3 Eggs, beaten to mix
Cooking oil, for frying
Mild goat cheese, cut into rounds
  1. Heat the oven to 350°.
  2. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
  3. Dip each slice of eggplant in the eggs and then in the bread-crumb mixture, coating well.
  4. In a large frying pan, heat about half an inch of cooking oil over moderate heat until very hot. Fry the eggplant in the hot oil until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
  5. Arrange half of the eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Put a slice of goat cheese on top of each and then top with the remaining eggplant slices.
  6. Bake until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.



As you can see, I served mine with a little bit of ziti and arrabiata sauce. It was delicious. It was totally something that I would make again and my family loved it.

I'd like to apologize for the pictures. I started cooking before I decided to make a blog post about it, so I took all the pictures on my iPhone instead of my DSLR.

No comments :

Post a Comment