MENU

December 8, 2011

A Rarity... Good Parenting...

At my library we have a handful of Muslim women that come in wearing various forms of hijabs, jilbābs and abayas and just now a little girl walked over to where a woman in full Islamic clothing with her face covered was sitting, turned around and told her mother she was looking at a ghost when here mother asked her what she was doing. The little girl kept asking what the ghost was doing and I must say, the mother explained to her child beautifully that there was no ghost and that it was a lady wearing special clothing from another country. It was wonderful to see someone teach their child something and not laugh away something they said about something they didn't understand. I wish I saw more parents like this.

4 comments :

  1. Free library books for that awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Thank you for sharing! Was she wearing white? Kids are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was actually wearing black and gray. Which is why I thought it was funny she said there was a ghost. I guess she is like three or four years old and a ghost can be any color.

    ReplyDelete