MENU

May 30, 2012

Seven Questions...

My friend Ben & I beating the crap out of each other with socks filled 
with baby powder in the hallways of our dorm in 2006 or 2007.

1. If you were to start your own business, what would it be?
My dream is to one day open a Coffee/Tea hangout spot with Phil. We've been talking about doing it for years and I can't wait until we actually do it. We have the name picked out, I've drawn out logos, etc.

I'd also like to open a trendy plus sized shop somewhere on Long Island. When you're 20-something and plus sized it's flippin' hard to find cute clothing. I work really hard to try and find the cutest things I can.

2. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, do you embrace your grumpiness or try to fight it?
I'm Cuban, I totally embrace my grumpiness and let my grumpy flag fly.

3. What's the very first memory you have?
I'm not good at stuff like this, you'd think I would be because I can remember tons of stuff but for some reason I don't remember much from my early childhood. Which is weird because I had a good one.

4. The world is ending, what do you do? Allow yourself to die? Fight? Hide? Etc.
It depends on how crap goes down, but I'm 99.9% sure I'd fight no matter what. I'm a survivor, I come from a survivor. My dad was a Pedro Pan kid, he was sent from Cuba at the age of 10 to Miami because of  rumors that the Cuban government would begin taking children against the wishes of their parents to military schools and to Soviet labour camps. He was sent to an orphanage in Michigan (While my Tia got to stay with a family friend who refused to take my father, even though they told my grandmother they would) and lived there for nine months until my grandmother came to the US from Cuba. And in those nine months he changed and in growing up learned how to be a survivor and do what you have to do.

In addition to my father being a Pedro Pan kid, he took part in the Mariel Boatlift. My Tio fought in the Bay of Pig and my grandmother was a nurse taking bullets out of Cubans revolting agains Castro. Survivor family!

5. What is your favorite meal of the day?
Dinner.

6. How do you best learn? Visual? Listening? Hands on?
I'm a listener. I need to be in a classroom and listen to the information I need to know. I retain information well, at least I think I do.

7. What is your favorite joke?
I don't really tell jokes. My mother tells some pretty dirty one and Justin tries to tell dirty jokes. And right now I'm blanking on a good one.

No comments :

Post a Comment