MENU

June 28, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Finding Myself...


BLOGTWITTERINSTAGRAMBLOGLOVIN'


What made you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2009, and I can't really remember why.  Probably because all my friends were doing it?  I didn't start getting really serious about blogging until 2011 though, when I figured I actually had something to say. 

What is one thing you've learned since you've started?
I've learned to be myself.  To talk about whatever I want to talk about.  To share whatever I want to share.  Of course, knowing that the Internet is a big, scary place, I try to keep ultra-personal and work related stuff on the DL.  But, I love to express myself via the written word & blogging works for me.

If you had no followers would you continue to blog?
I believe I would continue to blog, even if no one followed me.  I practically had zero followers until last year, and the number has been increasing quite a bit.  I'm gratified that people like my blog {and, presumably, like me too} but I will always blog just for me.  It's another form of therapy for me, in its way.

Are there any bloggers out there that you aspire to be like, but in your own way?
Bloggers/blogs that inspire me?  Oh dear, nearly every one I read!  I love how open bloggers are about their lives.  I'm inspired by people who make life work for them.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also inspired by a lot of beautiful women who take gorgeous pictures of themselves or places they've been.  But, I'm not extra keen on self portraits and I generally feel awkward about posting things like outfit shots.  I'm inspired by bloggers that can really express themselves. 

Do you have any recurring blog entries that you do? (i.e. -- Wednesday Wishlist, Thrifting Thursday, etc.)
Hmmm...For a while I was doing Awesome & Awkward Weekends, Weekly Wrap-Ups and Thursday Latelies, but those have all died down.  I semi-regularly post recipes and book reviews, but not on specific days.  Mondays are generally reserved for guest posts and sponsor features.

Do you have any advise for other bloggers out there?
My advice to other bloggers is to just be yourself.  Write about what you like to do, or eat, or read, or make.  Try not be intimidated by other bloggers.  Get to know your audience, but don't feel like you have to cater to them.  And get friendly with other bloggers - such great folks out there!

Where do you draw inspiration from?
I'm not sure where I draw inspiration from.  Sometimes it's other bloggers, sometimes it's my refrigerator.  Sometimes it's God.  I like to share my life with people.  If nothing particularly interesting is happening, I'll share stories from my past, or write letters to my dogs, or photo dump.  Sometimes, you just have to do it even if it seems boring or trivial.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

1 comment :