MENU

August 4, 2012

No Sleep Till Brooklyn...

Last weekend Justin and I decided that we'd spend this fine Saturday (today) in Brooklyn doing randomness. We started our Brooklyn adventure off by going to L&B Spumoni Gardens because we've heard nothing but awesome things about the place, it was featured on Man v. Food, etc. Justin and I each get two slices of Sicilian pizza that the place it known for and I ended up throwing mine away, I hated it. I thought it was doughy, the cheese tasted cheap and that the sauce was eh. Justin ate his because he was hungry and his stance on the matter was it was fine, I obviously have higher pizza standards (My favorite kind is woodfire pizza, but I love me a regular old slice too).



Once that fail was over we headed over to MCU Park, parked the car and began wandering around Coney Island. We walked down the boardwalk, looked around Luna Park and Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park, we both rode the Wonder Wheel and The Spook-A-Rama and then Justin went on the Cyclone (I hate roller coasters).
 After he got off we headed over to the Coney Island Circus Sideshow to watch the freakshow which lasted about forty-five minutes. It was good, I enjoyed it but then again I like weird things. From there we went to the Coney Island Museum, which is upstairs from the freakshow. It was nice and informative about this history of Coney Island.

When we were done with all of that we headed over to Nathan's so Justin could eat a hotdog. We sat outside under the hot hot sun and ate our food (I ate the shrimp platter, which was yummy).
After we ate we noticed that we still had some time to kill before we could enter MCU Park to watch the Cyclones game, so we wandered around the boardwalk some more and ended up sharing an Italian Ice. By the time we did all of that the gates were open and we went to watch the Cyclones play against the Auburn Doubledays. We stayed the entire game but we decided to skip the free fireworks show because we were both feeling tired.
Justin and I both agreed that it was a successful outing and we both enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't do it again anytime soon, but I had a great day in Brooklyn. I leave you with some Beastie Boys...

No Sleep Till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys on Grooveshark

4 comments :

  1. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. There's something about amusement parks that makes me smile. I love all the sparkling lights and bright colors. Those paintings on the walls! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel the same way. Old amusement parks are kind of magical I think.

      Delete
  2. aww what fun! looks like such a good time - the art on the walls are fantastic :0) ...and you are making me want a hot dog so so badly! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed by the art everywhere in Coney Island. There were beautiful murals and graffiti all over the place.

      Delete