MENU

October 28, 2012

Mini Rant: Closing The Library Because Of Sandy...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my library and I love my Director but not when it comes to weather related issues. The area where I live and work was put under mandatory evacuation and it took hours after the announcement was made for someone to get in contact with me to give the official word that the library would be close tomorrow. I mean seeing as there was a mandatory evacuation it was kind of a no brainer that we wouldn't open, but c'mon we should have been informed hours before we actually were because people need to make arrangements. It was just so irritating to me. I mean I know I should be happy that I'm somewhere safe and that I don't have to worry about traveling in that weather tomorrow, but there was no reason for them to take so long to contact the staff.

No comments :

Post a Comment