MENU

March 1, 2013

Everlong...

Lets talk about how I have the best best friend ever... But first we must start with a mini back story. So, PayPal hates me for some reason and will not accept my bank account for whatever reason. This means that I cannot order things for myself off of eBay, etc and I'm always asking Justin or Erin to order stuff for me because of it. Now that you know this we can move on with the story...

A few weeks ago I saw a listing on eBay for the rare blue seven inch vinyl single of "Everlong" by Foo Fighters which was released only in the UK back in 1997 (Which I've been trying to get my hands on for years). And if you've been reading for a while you know that "Everlong" is mine and Justin's song. So since our anniversary was coming up I thought that it was some kind of sign and that I had to get it to give it to Justin as a ten year anniversary gift.
Everlong by Foo Fighters on Grooveshark

Since my PayPal account is wonky, as I mentioned above, I texted Erin and told her all about it because she has always been really good about getting me stuff off of eBay with her super eBay sniper skills. She agreed to order it for me, so I sent her the listing, gave her a budget of $110 and left her to do her thing.

Fast forward two days later. I text her and ask her if she won the auction (Even though I knew she didn't because I checked the listing). She told me she didn't because she set her alarm for the wrong time and she was really sorry. Even though I was super upset about it (I cried for a solid twenty minutes over it) I couldn't be mad at her because I had fallen asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until an hour after the auction was over, so I did have a chance to remind her about it.

Fast forward again to last Friday (Two weeks after the eBay thing) . We were going to go to Queens to visit our friend and since I refuse to drive into Queens I met Erin at her house. While we were there she hands me a birthday bag. I was really confused because my birthday isn't until March 4th. So instead of tearing into the bag I start saying that my birthday isn't for another week or so and I'm a big girl and I can wait for my birthday present. She insisted that I open the present, so instead of arguing with her I just opened it.

Inside of the bag was a shipping envelope addressed to Erin with a bunch of stamps from Belgium on it. I was kinda like what the fuck is this and I started to try and get whatever was in the envelope out (I still hadn't actually looked inside of it yet). After forever I pull out a copy of that rare blue seven inch vinyl of "Everlong" and I was just in shock. Once my brain processed what I had in my hands I just looked at her (She had this big grin on her face) and asked her how she found it. She started telling me about how upset she was the she didn't get me the one that was listed on eBay a few weeks before and that she made it her mission to get me a copy. She said she spent forever scouring the internet trying to find it. She said that she found a handful of copies on the UK eBay site but no one would send it to her no matter how much money she offered to pay for shipping. Eventually after sending out tons of e-mails and having people refuse to send copies to her she found a person selling a it in Belgium and convinced him to sell it to her (For how much she won't tell me).

I cannot even begin to explain how much it means to me that she went through all of the crap to get me this vinyl so I could give it to Justin for our anniversary. But what I can say is that I have the best best friend ever and that she is fucking amazing.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

So, yesterday was mine and Justin's actual ten year anniversary. I get to his apartment before he does and I'm waiting there for him with his gift all wrapped and he eventually gets home from work. He sees the shape of my gift and says "Oh no... I know what that shape is..." and he goes into his dresser and pulls out my gift, which is the same size and shape as the one I have for him. I open mine first and lo and behold, it was a rare blue seven inch vinyl copy of  "Everlong" from the UK. I have him open his and I laugh as he does so.
I cannot believe that Justin and I gave each other the same exact gift for our anniversary. It was honestly the funniest cutest thing ever and it makes me so happy thinking about it.

2 comments :

  1. You are made for each other! I have friends who gave each other Ukuleles for their wedding anniversary, and that was their conclusion.

    PS Everlong is my favorite Foo song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think that we are :-D Aww, that is too cute!

      Isn't it an awesome song?!

      Delete