Seeing as I am a fat chick this is a difficult question to answer. Hmm... I'd definitely have to go with Moro y Christianos (You might know it as Congri) which is a Cuban black bean and rice dish.
2. What’s Your Guilty Pleasure/Comfort Food?
Homemade nachos. I make my own chips out of flour tortillas and sprinkle them with cayenne pepper and Goya Adobo as they come out of the oil. I put them in a tray with various cheeses, black beans, pickled and fresh jalapenos, and then bake it all together until everything is melted. Once everything is baked to my liking I top it with scallions, salsa, sour cream and more fresh jalapenos.
3. What’s The Weirdest/Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Eaten?
I don't think I eat weird things, especially since I have odd textural issues when it comes to food.
4. What Foods Do You Avoid At All Costs?
Beef. I do not eat beef. I have never liked it and I will not touch it.
5. What Meal Reminds You Of Your Childhood?
Buttered elbow macaroni with chunks of Polly-O mozzarella. My Abuela made it for me all the time.
6. Share One Of Your Favorite Recipes & The Story Behind It.
I absolutely love the BLT pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and I since going there all the time is kind of a pain I decided to try and make my own.
• Pizza Dough • Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon • Shredded Mozzarella •
• Iceberg Lettuce • Tomato • Mayo • Olive Oil • Black Pepper • Garlic Powder • Salt •
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Coat the covered pan with three tablespoons of olive oil
- Sprinkle garlic powder and salt to taste on greased pan
- Stretch pizza dough to desired thickness -- I like mine super thin
- Sprinkle dough with more garlic powder and salt to taste
- Cover with dough with shredded mozzarella, bacon and slices of tomato
- Bake until golden brown and cut into slices
- Shred iceberg lettuce
- Mix lettuce with two tablespoons of mayo and black pepper to taste
- Put mayo lettuce mixture on top of the pizza and enjoy
Lemme know if you try the recipe out!