MENU

July 28, 2013

Sunday Social...

1. If You Could Only Eat One Thing For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would It Be?
Seeing as I am a fat chick this is a difficult question to answer. Hmm... I'd definitely have to go with Moro y Christianos (You might know it as Congri) which is a Cuban black bean and rice dish.

2. What’s Your Guilty Pleasure/Comfort Food?

Homemade nachos. I make my own chips out of flour tortillas and sprinkle them with cayenne pepper and Goya Adobo as they come out of the oil. I put them in a tray with various cheeses, black beans, pickled and fresh jalapenos, and then bake it all together until everything is melted. Once everything is baked to my liking I top it with scallions, salsa, sour cream and more fresh jalapenos.

3. What’s The Weirdest/Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Eaten?
I don't think I eat weird things, especially since I have odd textural issues when it comes to food. 

4. What Foods Do You Avoid At All Costs?
Beef. I do not eat beef. I have never liked it and I will not touch it.

5. What Meal Reminds You Of Your Childhood?

Buttered elbow macaroni with chunks of Polly-O mozzarella. My Abuela made it for me all the time.

6. Share One Of Your Favorite Recipes & The Story Behind It.
I absolutely love the BLT pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and I since going there all the time is kind of a pain I decided to try and make my own.

• Pizza Dough • Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon • Shredded Mozzarella •
• Iceberg Lettuce • Tomato • Mayo • Olive Oil • Black Pepper • Garlic Powder • Salt •
  1. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
  2. Coat the covered pan with three tablespoons of olive oil
  3. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt to taste on greased pan
  4. Stretch pizza dough to desired thickness -- I like mine super thin
  5. Sprinkle dough with more garlic powder and salt to taste
  6. Cover with dough with shredded mozzarella, bacon and slices of tomato
  7. Bake until golden brown and cut into slices
  8. Shred iceberg lettuce
  9. Mix lettuce with two tablespoons of mayo and black pepper to taste
  10. Put mayo lettuce mixture on top of the pizza and enjoy
Everyone I have ever made this for has loved it. It is one of the most requested food I make.

Lemme know if you try the recipe out!

No comments :

Post a Comment