MENU

July 27, 2013

Young Adult Summer Reading Flowchart...

The other day I was contacted by Teach.com and was asked if I'd like to check out their 2013 Young Adult Summer Reading Flowchart and possibly share it with all of you if I felt like it. So, I went to check it out and can I tell you, they put together one amazing young adult reading flowchart (Like, I showed it to my Department Head and she begged me to print her out a copy because she thought it was so great). It has a wonderful mixture of newer and older books, it is easy to read and is just beautifully done.

Enough of what I have to say, here is the blurb they sent me to share with all of you plus the chart...

Teach.com, a comprehensive online resource that helps connect teachers to each other as well as great resources for student development, has just released the Young Adult Summer Reading Flowchart--a follow up to the Summer Reading Flowchart from last summer, which focused on books for high school students. This year's edition focuses on young adult books for students in their middle school years; however, these books can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. Recent years have seen the explosion of Twilight and the Hunger Games as well as a growth in the popularity of other young adult series—furthermore, there has even been a revival of interest in some older books. The Flowchart leads you through nearly 100 books, guiding you through different categories until you arrive at the book that is right for you. It is perfect for those that are looking for a specific title, or trying to discover something completely new. The summer is definitely a time of relaxation for most students, but it is important to keep students interested in reading through the summer months. This infographic is a fun and great way to keep young students excited about reading.

SRFCBrought to you by
Teach.com

2 comments :

  1. This is awesome! I've read lots of classic YA but not so many of the newer ones, and it is an area so full of "at least they're reading?!" books (Twilight, Harry Potter, etc.) so you really want to be able to make good recs to keep 'em reading. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! They people over at Tech.com did a great job with it and I'm honored that they wanted me to share their beautiful work.

      I totally agree. It's better to keep them reading and this gives them some nice options.

      Delete