MENU

July 30, 2015

(Belated) National Lipstick Day | My Favorite Lipsticks...

MAC Lipstick (Kanga Rouge) --  Limited Edition
Deep Matte Red
This is hands down my favorite lipstick ever -- It's actually the lipstick I wore on my wedding day -- but unfortunately it's a limited edition shade that originally came from MAC's Dame Edna Collection back in 2008 (Yes, I've had this lipstick for seven years but I bought several tubes of it when it was released) and was MAC re-released in 2011 for their Glitter & Ice holiday collection (I bought the kit it came in when they re-promoted it). So because it isn't a permanent color, I'm afraid of running out of it if I wear it as much as I'd like to but I love everything about this lipstick. It's the perfect shade of red for me, it is matte yet creamy. Awesome awesome lipstick.

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick (Melted Fig) -- $21.00
Purple/Pink
I'm not a fan of the packaging but I love the color, finish, etc. It's just the prettiest purply-pink and I find it very flattering with my skin tone.

Colourpop Lippie Stix (Lumière) -- $5.00
Matte Dusty Mauve Pink
This lipstick is my matte "Your Lips But Better" color. It goes on well, not as smoothly as Kanga Rouge, but it is prefect for everyday wear. Plus it only costs $5.00!

NARS Audacious Lipstick (Charlotte) -- $32.00
Oxblood Burgundy
This is a newer edition to my lipstick collection but I'm absolutely in love with this shade (It's like the prefect vampy shade of burgundy for me), as well as the formula of NARS' Audacious Lipsticks. At $32.00 it's a pricy little lipstick but I think it's totally worth the price.

Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipstick (Cashmere) -- $20.00
Greige (Grey-Beige)
Despite the shady practice of Lime Crime I love love love their velvetine liquid lipsticks especially Cashmere. Like the Too Faced lipstick you have to be very careful putting it on because if can get all over the place but I love the way it looks on. It is smells like cake, feels comfortable on, etc.

MAC Lipstick (Heroine) --$16.00
Bright Violet/Purple
This is one of my favorite bright obnoxious colors and it's shocking to me that I like this particular lipstick because it's not in my favorite finish. But I love the way it looks.

No comments :

Post a Comment